Spirotours.com – 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid. The compact Ford Bronco Sport SUV features a rugged exterior, off-road capabilities, and a roomy compartment. It was introduced in 2021 alongside the larger and more capable Ford Bronco as part of the revived Bronco family. The Bronco Sport is rumored to receive a facelift in 2024 that will include a new hybrid powertrain option and minor aesthetic updates. Here is the information currently available about the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid.
2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid
The Ford Escape and Ford Maverick share a platform and some mechanical components with the Ford Bronco Sport, but it has a unique appearance that sets it apart from its siblings. The Bronco Sport has an angular design, round LED headlights, a black grille with BRONCO lettering, and a roof with a contrasting hue. In addition, it has roof rails that can accommodate various accessories and a safari-style canopy that provides additional headroom and cargo space.
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid is anticipated to retain the same overall design as the current model, but it may receive some minor alterations to distinguish it from non-hybrid models. These may include a unique emblem, a distinct grille pattern, hybrid-specific colors and wheels, and so on.
The robust exterior of the Bronco Sport reflects its off-road prowess. It has an 8.8-inch high ground clearance, brief overhangs, and skid plates to protect the undercarriage. Additionally, it has an approach angle of 21.7 degrees, a departure angle of 30.4 degrees, and a breakover angle of 18.2 degrees, enabling it to traverse a variety of terrains.
Four specification levels are available for the Bronco Sport: Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Badlands. Each trim has unique exterior features and options, including fog lamps, LED taillights, heated mirrors, privacy glass, roof rack crossbars, tow hooks, and impact plates, among others. Badlands is the most off-road-oriented trim, featuring all-terrain tires, metal bash plates, front tow hooks, trail control, and a sophisticated 4×4 system with a rear-mounted twin-clutch transmission.
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid will likely be offered in all trim levels, with the exception of the Badlands, which could be designated for non-hybrid models. Additionally, the hybrid model may have exterior features or options that improve its efficiency or aerodynamics.
Interior of the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid
The Bronco Sport’s roomy and adaptable cabin can accommodate up to five passengers and their belongings. It offers 32.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 65.2 cubic feet with the second row folded down. It also has a rear window that can be flipped up for convenient access to the cargo area without opening the entire liftgate.
The interior of the Bronco Sport is modern and functional, with durable materials and ingenious storage solutions. It is equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as a digital instrument gauge with a 6.5-inch display. In addition, it includes wireless charging, USB outlets, ambient lighting, leather seats, heated front seats and steering wheel, and automatic climate control with dual zones.
It is anticipated that the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid will have the same interior configuration and features as the current model, but it may have hybrid-specific displays or indicators to indicate the battery status or fuel economy.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has designated the Bronco Sport as a Top Safety Pick+, the highest classification possible. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has also awarded it a five-star overall safety rating.
Standard on the Bronco Sport is Ford Co-Pilot360TM, a suite of advanced driver-assistance technologies that includes:
- Automatic Emergency Braking and Pre-Collision Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane-Keeping System
- Reverse Image Camera
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
The Bronco Sport offers additional safety features, including:
- Stop-and-Go Technology and Adaptive Cruise Control
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Reverse Brake Assist
- Active Park Assist Version 2.0
- Camera with 180-Degree Field of View and Washer
It is anticipated that the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid will have the same safety features as the current model, but it may also include hybrid-specific features, such as regenerative braking or a pedestrian alert system.
The Bronco Sport is equipped with a variety of comfort, convenience, and connectivity-enhancing features. Included among the standard amenities are:
- SYNC® 3 multimedia system with an eight-inch touchscreen
- Support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- FordPass ConnectTM with Wi-Fi hotspot 4G LTE
- Remote activation system
- Keyless entry and start button
- Power locks and windows
- Manual climate regulation
Included among the available elements are:
- Bang & Olufsen B&O Sound System with 10 speakers and subwoofer
- Pad for wireless charging
- SiriusXM satellite radio and Travel Link
- Navigation system
- Dual-zone automatic climate regulation
- Power moonroof
- Front seats and steering column heating
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid may have the same features as the current model, but it could also have hybrid-specific features, such as an Eco mode or a hybrid gauge cluster.
There are two engine options for the Bronco Sport: a 1.5-liter EcoBoost® three-cylinder engine with 181 horsepower and 190 lb-ft of torque, and a 2.0-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder engine with 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. Each engine is coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel-drive system.
It is rumored that the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid will introduce a third engine option: a 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle four-cylinder hybrid drivetrain with 191 (system) horsepower and 155 lb-ft of torque. This is the identical hybrid drivetrain found in the Ford Escape Hybrid and Ford Maverick Hybrid. It is unclear whether the hybrid model will offer all-wheel drive, but neither the Escape nor the Maverick offer that combination at present.
It is anticipated that the hybrid model will provide significantly better fuel economy than the non-hybrid variants. The current Bronco Sport has EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy ratings of 25/28/26 mpg for the 1.5-liter engine and 21/26/23 mpg for the 2.0-liter engine. The front-wheel-drive Escape Hybrid has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 44/37/41 mpg, while the all-wheel-drive model achieves 43/37/40 mpg. The front-wheel-drive Maverick Hybrid has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 40/33/37 mpg.
2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid Availability
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid is anticipated to début alongside the rest of the refreshed Bronco Sport lineup in late 2023 or early 2024. The Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico will cease production of the current Bronco Sport on October 29, 2023, while production of the new Bronco Sport will begin on November 11, 2023. However, these dates are subject to change due to a number of variables, including the ongoing processor shortage and other supply chain issues.
The base model of the current Bronco Sport costs $28,815, while the Big Bend model costs $30,530, the Outer Banks model costs $34,450, and the Badlands model costs $36,560. Prices exclude destination/delivery fees, taxes, and additional fees.
It is anticipated that the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid will have a higher base price than non-hybrid models, but the exact amount has not yet been determined. According to some sourceshttps://www.motorbiscuit.com/spotted-ford-bronco-sport-hybrid-soon/, the Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid has been sighted.https://fordbelt.com/2023-ford-bronco-sport-hybrid-price-release-date-and-design/, the hybrid model could begin at approximately $31,995, a $3,180 premium over the base model. However, this is only an estimate; the actual price will be announced closer to the product’s release date.
Competitor to the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid
Other compact SUVs that offer a blend of design, performance, and utility compete with the Bronco Sport. The principal competitors include:
• Subaru Crosstrek: Due to its standard all-wheel drive, high ground clearance, and roomy interior, the Crosstrek is a popular option for adventurers. It also offers a hybrid model with EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy ratings of 35/34/35 mpg and an electric-only range of 17 miles.
• Mazda CX-50: The CX-50 is a replacement for the CX-5 and is a new compact SUV. It has a sleek and athletic appearance, a sophisticated and premium interior, and responsive and agile handling. A turbocharged engine with 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque is also available.
• Jeep Cherokee: The Cherokee is an additional rugged and capable compact SUV with a devoted following. It provides several engine options, including a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that generates 270 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. It also features a sophisticated 4×4 system with Selec-Terrain traction management.
Four specification levels are available for the Bronco Sport: Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Badlands. Each trim has its own distinctive features and options to accommodate various preferences and requirements. Here is a concise summary of each trim level:
• Base: The base model comes standard with 17-inch wheels, LED headlights and taillights, cloth seats, SYNC® 3 infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, FordPass ConnectTM with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, remote start system, keyless entry and push-button start, power windows and locks, manual climate control, and more.
• Big Bend: The Big Bend model adds fog lamps, heated mirrors with turn signal indicators, privacy glass on rear windows and liftgate glass, roof rack crossbars with tie-down loops on side rails, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, rubberized cargo floor and seat backs, easy-to-clean cloth seats, SiriusXM satellite radio and Travel Link, blind spot information system with cross-traffic alert, and additional features.
• Outer Banks: The Outer Banks model includes 18-inch wheels, LED signature lighting, body-color door handles and mirrors, silver-painted roof rack side rails, power moonroof, ambient lighting, leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats and steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control, wireless charging pad, B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 10 speakers and subwoofer, navigation system, reverse sensing system, evasive steering assist, and other features.
• Badlands: The Badlands model adds 17-inch wheels with all-terrain tires, metal bash plates, front tow hooks, trail control, an advanced 4×4 system with a twin-clutch rear-drive unit and a locking rear differential, a terrain management system with seven G.O.A.T. modes (Goes Over Any Type of Terrain), an off-road suspension with specially tuned front struts and rear shocks, a 2.0-liter EcoBoost®
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid is anticipated to be offered in all trim levels with the possible exception of the Badlands, which may be reserved for non-hybrid variants. Additionally, the hybrid model may have features or options that set it apart from the other models.
The 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid is a promising addition to the Bronco Sport lineup, offering a more fuel-efficient and environmentally responsible compact SUV option. The hybrid model will most likely share the same design and features as the current model, but it will have a new hybrid powertrain that improves its fuel economy and performance. Hybrid model is anticipated to début alongside the rest of the refreshed Bronco Sport lineup in late 2023 or early 2024. The hybrid model will compete with hybrid compact SUVs like the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid and Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.
The Bronco Sport is an excellent option for anyone seeking a rugged and adaptable compact SUV capable of handling a variety of terrains and conditions. It offers a spacious and functional interior, a variety of sophisticated technology and safety features, and four trim levels to accommodate a variety of preferences and requirements. The Bronco Sport has a unique appearance that distinguishes it from the competition and gives homage to the legendary Bronco nameplate.
Contact your local Ford dealer for more information about the 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid or any other Bronco Sport model. Additionally, you can visit the official Ford website to build and price your own Bronco Sport as well as examine its features and available options. If you are in the market for a new adventure vehicle, the Bronco Sport is a compact SUV that provides a great deal of value and enjoyment for the money.