Spirotours.com – 2024 Kia Telluride. The Kia Telluride is a three-row SUV with a roomy interior, a quiet ride, and a long list of comfort and convenience features. The Telluride is propelled by a 3.8-liter V6 engine that generates 291 horsepower and 262 pound-feet of torque, paired with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Telluride offers numerous safety and technology features, including a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a digital instrument cluster, a head-up display, and Kia Safety Shield 360.
Telluride is anticipated to receive some minor updates in 2024, including new exterior colors and interior trim options. The biggest news, however, is the potential introduction of an electric version of the Telluride, which could be dubbed the EV9. The EV9 could be part of Kia‘s ambitious strategy to introduce seven new electric vehicles, including two SUVs, by 2027.
What’s new about the 2024 Kia Telluride?
- An electric version of the Telluride may be forthcoming.
The Telluride’s bold and fashionable appearance reflects its dimensions and capabilities. A large grille with chrome accents, LED headlamps and daytime running lights, and a sculpted hood comprise the front fascia. The side profile of the Telluride features 18- or 20-inch alloy rims, black cladding, and chrome window trim to highlight its athletic stance. LED taillights, a roof garnish, and dual exhaust outlets are featured at the rear.
The interior of the Telluride is roomy and comfortable, with accommodation for up to eight passengers and ample cargo space. The cabin features leatherette or leather upholstery, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, tri-zone automatic climate control, a power liftgate, and a sunroof. The Telluride offers a variety of technology features, including a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, a head-up display, a Bose sound system, and wireless charging.
The exterior dimensions of the Telluride are as follows:
- Size: 196.9 inches
- Size is 78.3 inches wide
- Stature: 68.9 inches
- Length of the wheelbase is 114.2 inches
- Height above grade: 8 inches
The exterior hues of the Telluride are:
- Pearl White Snow
- Everlasting Silver
- Gravitation Gray
- Ebony Black
- Copper colour
- Dark Moss
- Wolf black
2024 Kia Telluride Interior
The interior dimensions of the Telluride are as follows:
- Volume for passengers: 178.1 cubic feet
- Cargo space behind the third row measures 21 cubic feet
- Cargo space behind the second row measures 46 cubic feet
- Behind the first pew, the cargo volume is 87 cubic feet
The interior hues of the Telluride are:
- Black Fabric
- Black faux leather
- Genuine Black Leather
- Gray Fabric
- Gray faux leather
- Brown Leather
- Buttermilk Leather
The Telluride is equipped with standard Kia Safety Shield 360, a suite of sophisticated driver-assistance systems that includes:
- Forward impact warning with automatic emergency braking
- Lane departure warning with lane maintenance assist
- Stop-and-go capability with adaptive cruise control
- Monitoring of blind spots with rear cross-traffic alert
- Rearview camera with automatic reversing brakes
- High-beam support
In addition, the Telluride offers optional safety features including:
- Sensors for front and rear parking
- 360-degree camera system
- Traffic sign recognition
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) have not crash-tested the Telluride for the 2024 model year; however, it received five out of five stars from NHTSA and a Top Safety Pick rating from IIHS for the 2021 model year.
The Telluride is available in LX, S, EX, SX, and SX Prestige specification levels.
The Telluride is propelled by a 3.8-liter V6 engine that generates 291 horsepower and 262 pound-feet of torque, paired with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. Telluride provides a gratifying driving experience with adequate acceleration, agile handling, and a comfortable ride. The Telluride also features a variety of driving modes, including Comfort, Eco, Sport, Smart, and Snow, which can alter the throttle response, transmission shift points, and traction control settings based on the driving conditions.
The Telluride has a respectable city fuel economy rating of 20 mpg and a freeway fuel economy rating of 26 mpg for front-wheel-drive models and 19 mpg and 24 mpg for all-wheel-drive models. Regardless of the drivetrain, the Telluride can transport up to 5,000 pounds.
Nonetheless, the Telluride could receive a new electric option in 2024, which could be dubbed the EV9. The EV9 could be part of Kia‘s ambitious strategy to introduce seven new electric vehicles, including two SUVs, by 2027. The EV9 could provide improved fuel economy and lower emissions than the V6 engine, in addition to greater torque and immediate acceleration. Additionally, the EV9 could have a range of over 300 miles on a single charge and support quick-charging technology.
2024 Kia Telluride Release Date
The 2024 Kia Telluride is anticipated to go on sale towards the end of 2023. Kia has not yet released official pricing information for the Telluride, but we estimate that the base LX trim will cost around $35,000 and the SX Prestige trim will cost around $50,000.
The following price range is estimated for the 2024 Kia Telluride:
- LX: $35,000
- S: $37,000
- EX: $40,000
- SX: $45,000
- SX Prestige: $50,000
Also Read: 2022 Kia Optima, Hybrid Full Review
2024 Kia Telluride Competitor
There are numerous competitors in the three-row SUV market, each with unique strengths and weaknesses. Among the primary competitors of the 2024 Kia Telluride are:
- Hyundai Palisade: The Palisade is a closely related SUV that shares many of the Telluride’s underpinnings but has a more opulent character. It offers the same engine, space, and features as the Telluride, but has a more luxurious interior, a more comfortable journey, and a longer warranty.
- Honda Pilot: The Pilot is a well-rounded SUV with a roomy interior, a comfortable journey, and a high reliability rating. In addition, it offers a hybrid option that improves its fuel economy. However, it has a dull appearance, a raucous engine, and a mediocre infotainment system.
The Telluride is available in LX, S, EX, SX, and SX Prestige specification levels. In addition, there are X-Line models of the EX, SX, and SX Prestige, as well as X-Pro models of the SX and SX-Prestige. Each variant includes a 3.8-liter V6 engine, an eight-speed automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive as standard equipment. Optional all-wheel drive system.
Included among the standard features of the LX trim are:
- Leatherette furniture
- Front seats with power-adjustable lumbar support
- Push-button ignition
- Tri-zone automatic climate regulation
- 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia system compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 6-speaker audio system
- Bluetooth compatibility
- USB inputs
- Safety Shield 360 for Kia
Among the additional features found on the S trim are:
- Front benches with heaters
- Leather-wrapped shift lever and steering wheel
- Power sunshade
- 20-inch aluminum rims
- Roof ridges
The additional features available on the EX trim are:
- Leather furniture
- Air-conditioned front seating
- Rear chairs with heating
- Steering wheel heat
- Electric liftgate
- Pad for wireless charging
- Navigation system
Among the additional features of the SX model are:
- LED headlamps and foglamps
- Dual sunroof
- Sound system Bose
- Satellite radio
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- Head-up screen
- Traffic sign recognition
Among the additional SX Prestige features are the following:
- Nappa leather seating
- Cushioned settee backs
- Wood moulding
- Ambient lighting
- 360-degree camera system
- sensors for front and rear parking
The X-Line models have a more rugged appearance and higher ground clearance, whereas the X-Pro models have additional off-road features such as skid plates, tow attachments, and all-terrain tires.